Evergreen Content – A Beginners Guide
Have you ever wondered how businesses manage to have consistent relevant content going out across their social media platforms every day? One of the things they are sure to be doing is using evergreen content to keep their feed full, but what is evergreen content and how do you create it for your business? Let’s find out.
Evergreen content is simply content that stands the test of time and remains relevant to your business, it’s not time sensitive and can be useful to your audience at any point in time. If something has no start or end date, it’s not a short term promotion, it doesn’t correlate to any certain day or time and makes sense to your readers at whatever point it hits their feed then it’s most likely evergreen content. This type of content provides structure to your overall strategy, provides a good opportunity to provide keywords related to your business and doesn’t go out of date.
What Are Some Examples of Evergreen Content?
If you are stuck for evergreen ideas to post to your social but can’t think what to use, let me help.
Here are some timeless content ideas you can use to keep your audience coming back for more:
- Guides and support to navigate your business
- Top industry tips and advice
- Testimonials and product reviews
- FAQ’s and glossaries
- Case studies and free industry guides
- About your business, it’s directors or owners
- Business contact information and addresses
- Industry tools, calculators or historical facts
Before you post a piece of content and wonder if it’s evergreen content for your business, stop and ask yourself a few questions:
- Is interest in this topic likely to dwindle within a certain time frame?
- Can I use this piece of content in different formats again and again without it losing relevance to my business?
- Am I about to share core company information which remains the same?
- Are my top tips and industry advice likely to stay relevant for the foreseeable future?
- Will my guides and support help my customers now and in the future?
- Can I include relevant keywords to add growth and backbone to my strategy?
Don’t forget to review your evergreen content periodically and update any information which may have gone out of date or is missing such as a change in contact details or your business address to keep your evergreen content ‘evergreen’